Gain in-demand entry level skills in hospitality, food and beverage, accommodations, sales, marketing, and events while preparing for employment or further education
What you will learn
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will have demonstrated the ability to:
- Establish foundational hospitality industry specific knowledge and skills, creating an education pathway into VCC’s Hospitality Management Diploma.
- Demonstrate an appreciation and understanding of careers within the hospitality industry.
- Develop knowledge and skills to support entry level employment in the hospitality industry.
- Participate in a Reflective Networking Capstone event for hospitality industry leaders to increase industry awareness and strengthen employment prospects. industry awareness and strengthen employment prospects.
- Review the origins and history of tourism.
- Examine the sectors of tourism and hospitality and their relationship within the hospitality industry.
- Identify the importance of tourism to Vancouver, British Columbia and Canada.
- Determine travel behavior and marketing influences.
- Examine the impacts of tourism including economic, social, environmental stewardship and climate change.
- Discuss indigenous tourism in BC and Canada.
What to expect
This micro-credential introduces students to the hospitality industry – a dynamic, fast-paced industry with extensive opportunity for engaging employment. Students who complete the micro-credential will acquire in-demand entry level knowledge and skills for employment, and a learning pathway to further improve their qualifications and expand career opportunities within the hospitality industry.
Classes will be a combination of face-to-face and fully online in a blended model.
Fees and other costs
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
|Materials||$145||not including textbooks|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.