Learn the business and operations of the ever-evolving fashion industry for a career as stylist, merchandiser, marketer or buyer.
What you will learn
- Fashion calendar
- Fashion capitals and designers
- Product development methods and strategies
- Visual presentation methods
- Merchandising plans for online and brick-and-mortar
- Historical and contemporary impacts on fashion
- Target markets and consumer behaviour
- Online, social media, and traditional marketing
- Fibre sources, collection, manufacturing, and properties
- Fabric structures, production, aesthetic, and performance
- Sales projections and inventory
- Budgeting and logistics
- Merchandise assortment selection
- Fashion trend identification
- Professional branding and promotions
- Business communications
- Vision and mood boards
- Personal ethics
What to expect
- Theory examinations
- Practical, hands-on assignments
- Lectures and seminars
- Videos and demonstrations
- Computer work
- Independent learning
- Student presentations
- Individual and group projects
- Research assignments
English 12 with a passing grade, or equivalent
Missing prerequisites? Learn more about VCC's tuition-free in academic upgrading, university transfer or English as a Second Language (ESL) Courses.
Imagination and creative talent
A good sense of colour and aesthetics
An identifiable personal style
Excellent time management and organizational skills
Good communication skills both written and verbal
Good computer skills and working knowledge of social media
The ability to work well with a wide variety of people
The ability to synthesize information and develop innovative ideas
Fees and other costs
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
|Materials||$65||not including textbooks|
Need help with tuition?
Explore your options for scholarships, grants, bursaries, and loans.
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.