Get professional training in key areas of building management and leadership including landlord-tenant law, basic building maintenance, fire safety, security, and record keeping.
What you will learn
- Tenant application and screening processes
- B.C. landlord-tenant law and dispute-handling measures
- Record keeping, budgets, costing and inventory control
- Building maintenance, inspections, and basic appliance repair
- Fire safety and security protocols
- Scheduling and supervision of a multicultural staff
- Cleaning and disinfection procedures of washrooms, windows, and other specialty areas
- Types of soils, cleaning chemicals, germicides, and WHMIS regulations
What to expect
- Theory and practical problems
- Final exam
Vancouver Community College is a post-secondary institution committed to educating adult learners. Applicants should be at least 18 years of age or secondary school graduates.
The Law and Tenant Relations and Building Service Management courses require a minimum English proficiency of Grade 10 level (English 059). Because these courses cover legal and supervisory topics, strong expression and comprehension skills are required to complete assignments and other written work.
- Good knowledge of English
- Ability to speak and write clearly
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Hard working
Fees and other costs
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.