Learn modern writing and editing skills as well as effective information design to produce technical documentation for general audiences.
What you will learn
- Clear, professional writing skills
- Technical documentation standards
- Effective information design
- Writing and design for manual and online environments
- Substantive, copy, and proof editing
- Document project management
- Proposals and technical reports
What to expect
- Practical exercises
- Portfolio assignments
This certificate is designed to be flexible in meeting the needs of students with a variety of educational backgrounds. The program is targeted towards adults with some writing skills who have completed Grade 12 or equivalent.
Courses are applicable to adults in diverse fields, including science, health, technology, engineering, education, and business.
Recommended characteristics include the following:
- General education through prior formal learning and work experience
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work well in a structured environment
- Ability to work with confidence independently or on a team
- Ability to reflect on their own practice
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude
- High performance standards
Fees and other costs
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.