Learn comprehensive and effective strategies to connect with and manage teams, identify goals and priorities, and work through obstacles for organizational success.
What you will learn
- Leadership skills and understanding of roles
- Effective change management
- Problem-solving tools and facilitation skills
- Techniques for feedback, motivation, and delegation
- Advanced communication and negotiation styles
- Conflict resolution relating to key team concerns
- Essential steps in individual and team coaching
- Systematic approaches to different learning styles
What to expect
- Lectures, presentations, discussions
- Practical examples and assignments
- Individual and group work
- Interactive and collaborative activities
- Case studies
Vancouver Community College is a post-secondary institution committed to educating adult learners. Applicants should be 18 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school.
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to conduct themselves in a responsible and professional manner
- Ability to apply lessons learned in other courses and at work
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work with confidence independently or on a team
- Ability to reflect on their own practice
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude
- High performance standards
Fees and other costs
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.