Develop the skills, insight, and judgment required to transition from managing to leading people in any organization.
What you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Change management
- Facilitation skills
- Problem-solving tools and action plans
- Conflict resolution relating to performance and work habits
- Performance management including goal-setting, action planning, and reviews
- Professional presentation skills and techniques
- Creative thinking
- Techniques for feedback, motivation, and delegation
- Effective communication in diverse environments
What to expect
- Lectures, presentations, discussions
- Practical examples and assignments
- Individual and group work
- Interactive and collaborative activities
Vancouver Community College is a post-secondary institution committed to educating adult learners. Applicants should be 18 years of age or older, or a secondary school graduate.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to conduct themselves in a responsible and professional manner
- Ability to apply lessons learned in other courses and at work
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work with confidence independently or on a team
- Ability to reflect on their own practice
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude
- High performance standards
Fees and other costs
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.